Monday, April 28, 2008

Linkapalooza - Apr 28, 2008

I think I'm going to start posting about all the new horror DVD's of the week on Mondays now, as I usually get to posting stuff later in the day and knowing what's coming out on Tuesday would be more useful to you the day before. I'll start doing that next week... which makes this the last Monday of links.

Is it just me or do others always think of Corbin Bernsen as Roger Dorn from Major League? When "The Dentist" came out, that sort of rattled the stereotype for me, but... I never really watched L.A. Law. That's my point. Granted, I do like "The Dentist" series, thus "The Dentist 2" pic, but whatever. Anyhow, he's been involved with a bunch of low-budget horror lately and now he's directing a zombie film called "Dead Air". Here's a link to a video on DEAD AIR: BEHIND-THE-SCENES. It's interesting to note that he's made "Dead Air", but has yet to secure distribution. I guess you can expect to see it on the festival circuit soon. Until then, "come on Dorn, get in front of the damn ball! Don't give me this "ole" bullshit!"

So, Fangoria's Weekend of Horrors just took place over last weekend and, that's right, I didn't say shit about it... It's really more of a fan-fest deal, where you can meet celebrities and they charge you for autographs, etc. Well, after looking at the site and the pics, I guess they did do various panels and they did do screening of "Night of the Living Dead", but... okay, I admit it. I dropped the ball. Here's a heads up, it'll be in New Jersey June 20 - 22 and I'll make sure to mention it again, as we get closer. If you want to see what it was all about, here's some pictures that were posted on ShockTillYouDrop.com.

Well, it's about time this book came out. Enough of this crap about Chuck Norris. You want to study kicking ass? Well, go get Seagalogy: A Study of the Ass-Kicking Films of Steven Seagal.

There's a new show called "Very Independent Producers" with Ted Hope and Christine Vachon who are, and I quote, "two of the most celebrated and prolific producers of independent film." It's available on Plum TV, which you can find on cable in vacations destinations, such as Vail, Aspen and The Hampton's, on Cable VOD, as well as online. Now, I wouldn't consider most of their stuff to be indie, as it's really just indie in the sense that it's 'independent of the studios' - they've done stuff like "American Splendor", "Boys Don't Cry" and "Happiness". However, the episodes do offer some insight into how the whole system works.

I mentioned "Machine Girl" a while ago and I still haven't seen it, but I came across a new clip.

No comments: